1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

Skybounds A new world has been discovered...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Turqmelon, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Our explorers have discovered a new, never-before-seen area of Skybounds. This new area has magic, essence, and strange energy flowing throughout it. We're pleased to invite the bravest adventurers to explore and uncover our new world:

Welcome to The Magic Islands

The Magic Islands is our first ever server expansion to help handle the demand we've been receiving from our community! Let's get right into this update. :)

[​IMG]

The Skybounds Hub - The new center of our server.

When connecting to Skybounds from now on, you'll be routed through the Hub. This area will be the central point for all Skybounds servers in the future. To join The First Islands, click the first item in your hot bar. All of your stuff is still there, and won't be going anywhere. Those that want to explore the new world can do so by clicking The Magic Islands.

[​IMG]

More slots for More Players

With our new hub system, it'll be easier for us to expand to accommodate more players. Each of our Skybounds servers has 300 slots for players, plus an extra 200 for our hub as a waiting lobby.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A New Warzone to Explore

With a new server comes a brand new warzone to explore. Over 30 new islands, 4 new outposts, and hundreds of chests and ores to discover.

FAQ

What data transfers between servers?
    Just ranks. Kits, islands, Stars, and other unlockables are otherwise per-server. If you join The Magic Islands you'll be experiencing the server just as a new player would.

What happens to my island and player data then?
    Nothing! If you've been playing Skybounds up until now, all your data is on The First Islands. You can explore the new server without losing anything.

Can I transfer my data between servers?
    This isn't something we offer right now. Your data (with the exception of your rank) is server locked.

I got banned on Skybounds before this update, can I join The Magic Islands?
    Nope. Bans (and mutes) sync across all of our servers.

Any other questions? Just ask us!

Other Noteable Changes
    • SHOW OFF YOUR STRENGTH: When equipping a Strength potion buff, you'll now have fire particles for the duration of the effect
    • NEW IMMORTAL KIT "NECROMANCER": Available on our shop (Savage Games | Welcome). Spawns in 3 random mob spawners of varying tiers.
    • STACKED MOBS: Monsters will now stack to save server performance. They work just like there's many of them, just only shown as one mob!
    • SIDEBAR SCOREBOARD: The sidebar will show your balance, level, and progress toward next level. On an island, it'll show details about the current island. More features coming to it soon.
    • HOPPER FIXES: The "Tossed Axe" ability can no longer drop the item in hoppers
    • BAT BOMB TWEAKS: Bat bombs will now only affect players in Survival Mode
    • NEW CHALLENGES: More story and daily challenges have been added
    • PROGRESS BAR FIX: Progress bar fixes for "Ore Extraction" challenge causing the meter to always show 0%.
    • NEW STORAGE FORMAT: Challenges are now saved in a way that'll make them no longer forget progress over reboots.
    • "DYE, JUST DYE" CHANGES: "Dye, Just Dye!" now requires dyed wool instead of leather armor
    • BLEEDING DEBUFF: You can't have bleeding inflicted upon you more than once every minute, regardless of chance
    • RESERVE TWEAKS: Pistons can no longer push ores respawned using Reserve, preventing an exploit toward bypassing the ore-explosion.
    • NEW KITS: 4 new kits have been added for The Magic Islands server (Savage Games | Welcome)
    • GODS NEED BREAKS: God Apples now have a 60 second cooldown between uses.
    • NO ENDER CRAFTING: Ender Chests are no longer craftable.
    • BUGFIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS: As usual, the most exciting part of updates!

• Like Like x 6
  2. LSTS

LSTS Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    What about spawners? what makes them so expensive? If u cant sell blaze rods why would I spend 1.75M on one?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tempest

Tempest New Islander

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    i think i speak for most people when i say im thankful for another world and more space but it still isnt enough, many players still cant play because of how full the worlds get

• Like Like x 3
  4. EnderLord19

EnderLord19 Dangerous Adventurer
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Nice Update guys! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. AwesomeSauceem

AwesomeSauceem Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    If you make a new island on magic islands it does not affect the first islands right?

6. a1096sniper`

a1096sniper` New Islander

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I bought 2 necromancer kits for the magic server at 8:05 today and i have not recieved either one. I like the new server, i just would like to get my kits thanks

7. LSTS

LSTS Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Currently cant purchase skeleton spawners.

• Love It! Love It! x 1
  8. jobr69

jobr69 Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    great update so far but still doesnt change still can't connect because too many players why not make another skyfortress server? or expand the skyfortress.

9. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    If we could release servers so quickly, we would!

300 Slots is the most we can possibly push on one server, and making a new server requires us to have a build team make the warzone, as well as get artwork for the new world. We want every server to feel like it's own experience.

We're going to try to launch a new server s often as we can. Thank you for your patience!

• Like Like x 2
  10. shuryu

shuryu New Islander

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I would love to see more server slots for each of the islands, instead of more separate islands. Can you do that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tempest

Tempest New Islander

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    i understand what you are saying but imo i think diversity is great in servers but how about making a copy of each world so we would have First Islands#1 and First Islands#2 then we would have Magic Island#1 and Magic Island#2 i think player would value more space than diversity

• Like Like x 5
  12. James Sears

James Sears Tree Puncher
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I am unable to 'transport to first island'. Does anyone know how to help?

13. Carson111000

Carson111000 Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I suggest you report this in the support tap in the forums, then you might get help

14. HarambeDown

HarambeDown Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    This update is amazing, thanks for all your guy's hard work.:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. DireFire112

DireFire112 Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  16. The_Mc_Pixel

The_Mc_Pixel Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    This update was amazing, I thought you were gonna be adding to the first islands, but creating a new world is even better, ones there is more room for players, so there can be way more fun experiences, can't wait for further updates,

17. The_Mc_Pixel

The_Mc_Pixel Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    That is true but, the server might not have the ability to handle all the players, eventually everyone could join, with the new updates coming every Friday.

18. Botiz

Botiz Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Yet again it is completely full, with over 100 people waiting in the lobby/hub to join. Now can't use 5Zig to wait to join whilst doing other things, have to run around constantly right clicking a world to try and join, this is g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ridiculous. I'm fed up of this.

As of now there is 114 people in lobby/hub

• Like Like x 3
  19. luckyDdragon

luckyDdragon Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    You need more player slots for First Worlds. 250 isn't nearly enough for all the players that want to join.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Carson111000

Carson111000 Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I understand you are frustrated but please keep in mind that a lot of players want to play so it's at high demand for a spot, the developer are improving and adding space as they good the best they can. If you really like the server and wanna play I suggest donating for a rank to show your support and being able to play whenever you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.