1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

Skybounds BETA & THE RESET [info]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BajanCanadian, Jun 3, 2017.

1. BajanCanadian

Staff Member Owner Head Administrator VIP Blackshore Savage

Ratings:
    +216 / 1 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Hey Skyboundians... I won't use that term again, no need to panic - save it for the reset >:]

Wanted to write up a quick post to give a specific break down of what you "keep" and what you "lose" on the reset of Skybounds on June 16th when the BETA ends. This should help clear the air and put an end to rumors and confusion.

Old/BETA/Classic Islands (Name TBD):
    • You keep everything. Nothing changes here, ever. There will only be bug fixes when necessary, don't expect to see new content. Why? It's crazily imbalanced as there have been no major changes to economy, items, enchants etc. since Skybounds started. Taking things out of BETA and doing this reset offers an opportunity to fix things.
    • Kits, iKits, Items, Stars/money, Islands, Prestige and Levels, Warzone, Obtainable Loot - you keep it all!
    • If you want to keep playing on the Old version of Skybounds you're welcome to do so. Everyone will be able to access these islands - including non-ranked players. The player count of these is going to start at a cap of 100, yes, to keep a tighter budget and not go too crazy on acquiring more server space. That said if there is a serious demand for the old worlds to allow for more players that number will quickly increase. Yes, we do want to encourage all players old and new, noobs and pros, to use the new islands as that's where all of our work, blood, sweat and tears will be focused. And in our opinion it will be much better. In an ideal world the old/beta islands will eventually act as a place of nostalgia for players who've been around from the beginning of Skybounds.

New Islands:
    What you keep --
    • Any unlocked kits, ikits, titles and ranks will remain unlocked - anything permission based
    • Prestige
    What you lose --
    • All Items
    • Islands
    • Stars/money
    • Current Player Level resets back to level 1 of current Prestige
    • Challenge Data - daily challenges, story based and quest based
    What you get --
    • Top players in a variety of categories for each of the existing 8 Skybounds Worlds (Highest level, Most Challenges Completed, Highest balance and more) will receive rewards upon entering the new world
    • If you are within range (10 levels) of reaching Level 50 and Prestiging you will be given a token to attempt to Prestige. This will also have other rewards. There's double xp weekend now so take advantage and grind out a Prestige before the reset so you'll have it already without worrying!
    • New Welcome Rewards
    • Ability to transfer island from the old/beta islands if you have Savage rank OR for a small fee on the shop. Yes, this will be reserved as a premium feature - otherwise if there were hundreds to thousands of players trying to do this at once the server would not be able to handle it very well aka "lagbounds" and the idea of the new worlds is to encourage a new beginning. NOTE: only cosmetics will transfer in the copy/paste process of your old island. No chests/items, ore seeds, blocks of any in game value will be transferable. Basically if you were really in love with a castle or something you're working on and want to move it over to the new version of Skybounds you can do so as long as it doesn't imbalance the gameplay.

"Why Are You Doing This?" --

Gameplay Balance - the push over to the new Skybounds will allow us to make the game more fun for players new and experienced:

• Repair the economy
    • Rebalance PVP (Tweak custom enchants and custom items and reduce over powered gear, hopefully making PVP more fun for everyone again - also trying to work out new ways to make the Warzone more fair for solo players so they don't get destroyed by teams over and over)
    • Redo the loot tables for Warzone Chests and Rare Drops like Ancient Runes
    • Adjust Oreseeds
    • Adjust all other openables like Oreseed Boxes and Enchant Crates (animations, rarity of items, type of loot etc.)
    • Balance all existing Kits and iKits to make them suitable for the economy/PVP of the new world and make all of them useful/wanted in their own ways
    • Weekly/monthly rewards
    • The only true way to be able to give the economy a fresh start and balance PVP is to clear all items from the game. You will not be able to bring any existing items into the new Skybounds world. There's really no other way - it is our own fault. We went down a road of no return. Some of the loot that was given out is just too imbalanced, and due to some accidental bugs/glitches certain OP items had more enter Skybounds than originally intended. Bottom line is - we messed up a bit with the PVP/loot and it needs to be balanced or things will get boring.
    • Basically all existing features will receive some TLC
    • Plus a few new small things too.

PLEASE NOTE!
    We want your input. If you have ideas or constructive criticism please feel free to voice them in an appropriate manner. Skybounds is your home too - we want to provide the best experience possible and host the greatest Skyblock themed game available. That means we need our community to have our back and help make this BETA exit a success.

Spoilers!
    • After Skybounds exits BETA there will be two new worlds added as well (Steampunk and Dinosaurs)
    • Starting in July the Skybounds team will be working on a top secret new "team" driven version of the game that will be the biggest Skybounds related project/update since it's original release in November 2016. Updates will continue on schedule - however, the team and I will be spending most of our energy on this new way to play ;)

Thank you for reading, Skyboundians... alright I'll drop that for real this time.

• Like x 30
    • Funny x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Quality Assurance Shard x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Love It! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Developer Star x 1
    • Admin Emerald x 1
    • Moderator Diamond x 1
  2. Awsesomness

Awsesomness New Islander

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  3. Eeli71

Eeli71 Tree Planter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Third, And nice post :)

4. Zothuro

Zothuro Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -6
    Minecraft:
    Very well said! I'm excited to see the new changes!

5. KrypticTiger

KrypticTiger New Islander
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  6. ICanRageQuit

ICanRageQuit Savvy Shopper
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +31 / 6 / -4
    Minecraft:
    Morrow will thank you xD

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. PhoenixisonFire

PhoenixisonFire Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Thank you for the update Mitch, this has clarified a few points. As much as I don't like the idea of loosing all my items, my preference is to move to the new islands. That being said, I will miss everything from my museum, but I look forward to starting my collection again.

I plan on grinding and finishing my island by 16th of June and start on the new server, unfortunately I hold the Legend rank and won't be able to transfer my build as yet. I would appreciate an indication of when Legend Ranked players will be able to do this? I do not mind waiting for a little while.

I am a Skybounds OG, been playing since November on Magic and done 3 island resets to build bigger and better each time. I love the server, but as a long time supporter of the server I am a tad miffed that my $50 in November when the server was brand new (with bugs/lag/balance deletion) does not mean I get the same experience as someone who paid slightly extra...could this be looked into? A nice reward for the ranked players since say November or December would be a free upgrade to Savage or one time ability to transfer their Island??? Especially the players who have stuck by thee server through thick and thin.

Plus I'm an all round nice guy on the server and generally help all new starters, I've lost count on the tedious hours building Catcus Farms, Netherwart Farms and Grinders for noobs. (If anyone from MAGIC is reading this and I've helped you out give this a heart <3 to show verification)

Oh I have JP's Wood, I will miss it so much...lol.

Anyway Mitch, long time fan (like legit, like I nearly pooped my pants when Nooch came back for series 4 of How to Minecraft (do another Battle Dome but be on a team with Nooch let him build traps, that episode where you both built the death corridor but never used it was hilarious, lets see if you can succeed), you make playing Minecraft at 28 somewhat acceptable...thanks dude.

Peace,

Daniel (PhoenixisonFire)

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 6
    • Love It! x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. LuigiGamer45

LuigiGamer45 Savvy Shopper

Ratings:
    +47 / 2 / -2
    Minecraft:
    so i will still need a rank if a lot of people play on the old islands

9. PhoenixisonFire

PhoenixisonFire Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Correct

10. Azurite2000

Azurite2000 Savvy Shopper
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +46 / 14 / -8
    Minecraft:
    Can cutlasses stay

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. LoganSadler

LoganSadler New Islander

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Although I'm not very happy about this reset, I understand it is necessary. I think this was handled well and I'm glad that other people don't get an advantage over other people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Nickdaslick

Nickdaslick Expert Crafter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Will Orbs of Dimensions work form the Beta Islands? I have several limited time items and don't want to lose them.

13. kani1999

kani1999 Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    pls say me tath all banned players getting unbanned

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Morrow

Morrow Expert Crafter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -4
    Minecraft:
    Glad at least my island wont be reset.

Maybe once my new job settles down ill finish it haha. Glad to see this change, it'll bring more players to a balanced economy on the new ones.

I feel like this was written for me <3

Edit: Will heads transfer if we move our island?

#14 Morrow, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. LPKJ

LPKJ Tree Puncher
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Does that mean everything in our chests on the old world will stay there and we won't lose them just we can't take them to the islands I'm just happy I don't want to lose all my hard work I've spent doing on my island

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WilletTheSkillet

WilletTheSkillet Expert Crafter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +38 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Lit but I have input. Maybe for the new world let there be no way to use /ikit or buy Ikits for the first week or two. This would make it easier to do those beginning challenges in the warzone

#16 WilletTheSkillet, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. AcidicSniper

AcidicSniper Savvy Shopper
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +27 / 15 / -15
    Minecraft:
    bro mitch are savage peeps able to bring their items over?

18. WilletTheSkillet

WilletTheSkillet Expert Crafter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +38 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Yes

19. LuigiGamer45

LuigiGamer45 Savvy Shopper

Ratings:
    +47 / 2 / -2
    Minecraft: