1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix PVP MW

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by BambooChicken, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:45 PM.

1. BambooChicken

BambooChicken Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +14 / 2
    Minecraft:
    Basic Information

Brief Summary:
    Fix PVP MW

Where would this idea be applied:
    Skybounds

Please describe the suggestion:
    Due to the fact that there are campaign challenges requiring us to kill players in PVP Miningworld, and needing 10 players to have a match, there needs to be something done here. Most players choose PVE now beings that you only need 5 players to start a match and you don't have to worry about dying at the hands of other players, just mobs. I have two suggestions: 1) make PVP MW and PVE MW switch back and forth at a specific time interval either 1-3 hours or each day it switches. Suggestion #2) Make PVP MW only require 5 players to join. There have been at least 5 times this week (during peak traffic on the server) that I have spent upwards of 30-45 minutes sitting in the queue waiting for a game to start. My AFK timer should never start up waiting for a match to start. Why would I want to wait in a queue to complete a campaign challenge that I must complete in order to prestige, when I can AFK at my farms and gain more stars and better loot. Please look into this. I am sure I'm not the only one in the same situation.

Documentation

Screen shot related documents:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Trash Trash x 2
  2. f0x50

f0x50 New Islander

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Minecraft:
    Agreed this needs to be fixed if you want to check my post go here as well Mining World is Dead

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Minecraft:
    There was a thread (this one) on this subject that was gaining a lot of traction, but was then archived along with every other thread on the forums for some reason. @61352151511 is there any way it could be brought back, seeing as a decent number of players seemed to agree with it? Then the discussion could continue there.

4. Jams3

Jams3 Cookie Quester
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +165 / 5
    Minecraft:
    I finished that challenge in 45mibs so I don’t think it needs to be changed. Campaigns are also meant to be hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Trash Trash x 1
  5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Minecraft:

Unfortunately, many players (myself included) have not had such luck with this challenge, hence the numerous threads created on this very topic. What makes the challenge hard is getting into a game in the first place, which is fairly ridiculous and shouldn’t be a thing. Like if a player had to wait 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, maybe more, just to maybe get into a single match in Call of Duty, that wouldn’t be acceptable, right? They would just want to play the darn game.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Jams3

Jams3 Cookie Quester
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +165 / 5
    Minecraft:
    Ask your friends (If you have any) and pay some people 100k to join and let you kill them.

• Banter Banter x 1
  7. Emplar

Emplar Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +34 / 7
    Minecraft:
    "(if you have any)" noooo... xD. That's mean! xDD

• Banter Banter x 1
  8. darkhearts2

darkhearts2 New Islander

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Minecraft:
    we know campaigns are supposed to be hard, but on some servers, it is physically impossible to start a PvP mw game, even if u pay, only a couple of the lower ranked players will take the offer such as 1 or 2 not 9 as u need 10 to start a game. Dino the last time ive seen a game played in PvP mw was last year in september. We have tried to pay people, if we didnt need to pay people we wouldnt be here. ive offered 2mil for each player that i kill, still only brings like 1 or 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jams3

Jams3 Cookie Quester
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +165 / 5
    Minecraft:
    Others have finished the challenge and prestieged, this has been suggested many times and will not be implemented probably. Challenges are hard and as I said before get your friends to join and pay people. Dino is the most populated and is full of newbies so getting a game started is probably very easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Trash Trash x 1
  10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    Minecraft:
    You may have finished this challenge, others may have finished this challenge, and actually as a matter of fact I myself have finished this challenge. But the experiences of you and I do not represent the whole. Just because the challenge has been finished by some doesn’t mean it’s fair and can be finished by all. Many, many other players have become stuck on this challenge. And this isn’t even because of the challenge itself, which is what is unfair about this. I didn’t know enough people personally to get a match going, as I’m sure is the case with other players as well. I’m not quite sure how you got people to play by paying them only 100K, and that’s honestly really impressive. I tried offering Mystic Timbers, approximately 10x worth 100K, with next to no luck. And I mean, this person here:

They offered 2 million stars, and even that wasn’t enough. For many players paying people just isn’t a guaranteed way to get this challenge done. And even if it was, I still say that’s not right because a challenge should not force players to pay out just to complete it. If this is the case, there’s a fundamental flaw with the design of the challenge or the activity associated with it. In this case, it’s the PvP Mining World that is flawed, in that no one plays it anymore.

So, what if there was a new update that revitalized the PvP Mining World, giving an incentive to play it again? Maybe there’s new mechanics or features, new rewards, or otherwise some kind of tweak or enhancement that would draw people in and finally get matches to start up as regularly as PvE does. As far as I can tell, all players would be better off, and would have some fresh content to experience in the form of the PvP Mining World, now back and better than ever. Or at the very least, if the Mining World isn’t your thing or you don’t intend to play the new PvP, this update would just have a neutral effect on you and have no negative implications. A change to the PvP Mining World is what this thread is about. The challenge itself would go unchanged. You would still have to kill 10 players after getting the player tracker. The difficulty in that would remain as is. Are you saying you’re against such an update that would benefit a great deal of players? If yes, I’m just not really sure why that would be. You say that challenges should be hard, which I agree with. This wouldn’t change the challenge, but update an antiquated game mode that no one plays anymore because of far better opportunities in the PvE Mining World. This just feels like it would be a win for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. JDOG

JDOG Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +11 / 4
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea because I am stuck on the same challenge, and it is super hard to get ppl in the mw pvp.

12. BambooChicken

Ratings:
    +14 / 2
    Minecraft:
    Yes campaign challenges are meant to be hard, however when you are actually not able to complete it because you must rely on someone else for it, that's when it becomes an issue. I had to sit in the Miningworld queue for 1hour and 36minutes once whilst simultaneously spamming chat and then eventually paying players just to join the queue. That is not something that should occur.

13. BambooChicken

Ratings:
    +14 / 2
    Minecraft:
    Wow. I could not have said it any better myself. Thank you.