1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

Nether Warzone and Challenges, Wither Boss, and Mob Pits! - Huge Update Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SlashDaUmbreon, Oct 12, 2017.

1. SlashDaUmbreon

SlashDaUmbreon Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Basic Information

Brief Summary:
    Nether Warzone and Challenges, Wither Boss, and Mob Pits! - Huge Update Idea

Where would this idea be applied:
    Skybounds

Please describe the suggestion:
    Hey guys, it’s me again, SlashDaUmbreon.

This time, I’m introducing a topic that SO MANY PEOPLE seem to want to have.

THE NETHER

I’ve figured out an idea that not only adds a layer of depth to the server, but introduces the always coveted Nether in perspective… Let me explain.

The Nether Challenges

First off, to be able to access the nether, we have the Nether Challenges. Similar to the Banker, Enchanting, and Potion Challenges, the Nether Challenges would have to be completed before being able to access the Nether. To begin these challenges, simply create a nether portal and light it on your island. Then walk into it to be given the option to begin the challenges.

For a suggested level to begin these challenges, I would suggest level 30, or maybe 25.

Examples for the Challenges would proceed as follows:
    1: Light The Way: Gather 64 Glowstone Blocks
    2: Home Sweet Home: Gather 128 Netherrack and 64 Nether Brick
    3: Exquisite Design: Gather 64 Quartz Blocks, 64 Quartz Pillars, and 64 Chiseled Quartz Blocks
    4: FIRE, FIRE, FIRE: Gather 64 Ignites, A piece of armour with the “Acid Burn” Enchantment, a Flint and Steel, (Fire Aspect Sword and/or Combuster?), and a Lava Bucket.
    5: Pig People: Gather 64 Rotten Flesh, 64 raw porkchops, a gold sword, and 64 gold nuggets.

Once completed, players can then access the Nether through any portal. Ranked players may even have access to /nether.

The Nether Warzone

Now, Skybounds wouldn’t have just any old nether. It would have a Nether WARZONE, complete with 10-15 islands (something small), including a spawn island and a boss arena.
    Anyone who warps to the nether will be teleported to the spawn of the Nether Warzone’s Spawn island. From there, they can use a teleport wizard, a portal back to the normal spawn, and a vault.

NOTE: Every world would most likely have the same design for the Nether’s warzone.

Chests here in the Nether Warzone will be restocked with normal skydrops whenever they are used, just like the normal warzone. The catch is: the odds of better loot in the Nether Warzone are slightly higher. *Ooooo, I know. Special* Falling would work the same way as it does in the normal warzone (TP back up with poison), or could be fun to have the poison be a short burn effect.

For mineables in the nether, we have your run of the mill Nether Ores to mine, Glowstone and Netherrack, along with diamonds, emeralds, and lottery ores (Maybe soul sand, but I don’t think so).

Mob Pits

Special to the new Nether Warzone is Mob Pits (I have no better name at this time). These grindable resources are areas within a few of the islands that spawn mobs for you to kill. These mobs will not attack you if you do not attack them, but once you attack one, all of them within that pit will come to get you.

Each Mob Pit would be set to a specific mob. My suggestion would be to use 3 pits, each one with a different mob (Wither Skeletons, Zombie Pigmen, and Cave Spiders). All mobs can drop heads of their mob type, along with their normal vanilla drops. They also have a chance to drop a new openable, what I am calling an “Antique Fossil” (These names are great aren’t they? xP)
    Probably similar to a Warzone crate in terms of item output and loot tables, but albeit better odds for better loot. Mobs would be limited to something like 10 spawned at a time per pit. A few Daily Challenges may also spring from this new resource.

The Wither Boss (and Egg)

You can’t have wither skeletons without a Wither, can you?
    This new boss egg would currently be the 4th edition to our current bosses. Possibly limiting it’s ability to fly away would be nice, as well as it not flying too high.

For example attacks, the Wither could have the following:
    A normal melee
    A wither blast (AOE Ranged Explosion)
    Spawns wither skeletons around it, similar to the Skeleton Knight spawning normal skeletons.

For HP, 2000 seems fair, though I personally do not have much experience with bosses, so I do not know what HP and regen values would be balanced.

Also possible to only have this boss able to be spawned in the Nether Warzone's Boss Arena.

For charging the Egg, my suggested example for charging categories are as follows:
    Item XP Levels
    Nether-Based Ore Seeds (Quartz, Soulsand) – Would be lower than ore seeds needed for Skeleton Knight
    Enchantment Books

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve or add onto what I have come up with and shared, feel free to. ^.^

- SlashDaUmbreon

Documentation

Screen shot related documents:

• Agree x 8
    • Creative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Moderator Diamond x 1
    • Quality Assurance Shard x 1
  2. Austin Wu

Austin Wu Savvy Shopper
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +66 / 7 / -8
    Minecraft:
    I like,Maybe possibly added soon,if the Dev like this

3. Illuminati

Illuminati Ore Extractor
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +353 / 33 / -87
    Minecraft:
  4. TERMENEX

TERMENEX Ore Extractor

Ratings:
    +753 / 27 / -37
    Minecraft:
    I have some questions/clarifications:

The Wither Boss?
    What is the exact damage per hit? How does the AOE hit? Does it charge up, giving players time to get out of the way, or does it hit immediately, killing everyone? Do you get wither from both types of attacks? What are the exact amounts of Item XP, Ore Seeds, and Enchantment Books needed? Why not have nether pits just spawn mobs all around the Nether Warzone, letting players do PvE? Also, can players fight each other in this Warzone, or is it PvE only? Also, if you hit the mobs, do you get combat tagged? Are there Single and Multicombat zones or is the whole thing Multi? Is this like an alternate world? Why not have a portal at the regular spawn to teleport players into the Nether spawn?

Woo, writing all the questions!

• Lmao Lmao x 2
  5. SlashDaUmbreon

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    DMG Per Hit: Whatever is balanced
    AOE Attack: Short charge, fires projectile that deals explosion damage and explosion knock back
    Wither From Attacks: Not from Melee, but from Summoned wither skeletons and the blast, yes.
    Amounts for Charge: Whatever is balanced
    Mobs all over Warzone: Too cluttered, as the WZ is for mining and fighting as well. Pits would probably work better.
    PvE vs. PvP: Nether Warzone is PvP (Debatable wether the pits are PvP or PvE)
    Combat Tags: Mobs to not give combat tags
    Single vs. Multi: Would have Single and Multi, every island with a pit would be Single I believe.
    Alternate World: Could be an alternate world, or could be just another sub-area in the overworld that is dark and nether-themed.
    Nether Portal at Spawn: Possible, but could be discouraging to new players.

Hope I got all of that. xP @TERMENEX

6. TERMENEX

TERMENEX Ore Extractor

Ratings:
    +753 / 27 / -37
    Minecraft:
    Ok, so about the pits... what would they look like? And how do you get into/out of them?

Also, a small suggestion. I found out that the Ice Islands has a teleport room in the Warzone that teleports you to another place in the warzone.
    Perhaps another small island could be made on each world that is made of nether brick and obsidian with the portal to the Nether Realm?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SlashDaUmbreon

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    That defeats the purpose of it being a separate war zone... people could easily camp that. As for how the pits look, they are just slightly indented areas in the ground and some sort of wall, kind of like a little cove or cave if you will.. You'd just walk in/out without much of a struggle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. slothsarebest

slothsarebest Tree Puncher
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Maybe outposts that look like Strongholds or a Fortress.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. slothsarebest

slothsarebest Tree Puncher
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Would mob pits (Hell Pits, better name my opinion) be pvp or nonpvp?

10. convict_cupcake

convict_cupcake Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    i believe you should need wither skele skulls to charge boss egg just a suggestion xD

11. TERMENEX

TERMENEX Ore Extractor

Ratings:
    +753 / 27 / -37
    Minecraft:
    About the Nether Warzone:

You said it had higher odds for better loot. Will there be any custom items only available in this new world or will the same loot be dropped, only with higher chances of the good stuff? Also, can you gain mob spawners from the mobs you kill in these Hell Pits?

12. Sushieeee

Sushieeee Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Quality Assurance

Ratings:
    +310 / 16 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Heyo!
    Great suggestions , very detailed and creative :)
    I like them a lot!

Thank you for the suggestion, have a great day!

13. SlashDaUmbreon

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    @TERMENEX So many questions! xD
    Probably both, again, I'm not trying to get EVERY detail in my description. The Savage Games Devs can do whatever they want with this kind of stuff. As for spawners, I'd personally say no, but who knows? *shrug*

14. _creepersbane

_creepersbane Warzone Expert

Ratings:
    +344 / 35 / -33
    Minecraft:
    Needs a bump

We popsicles call the teleport room the "Easter egg" (if you go there in beta, there are tons on emeralds)

15. Jams3

Jams3 Savvy Shopper

Ratings:
    +38 / 12 / -4
    Minecraft:
    Please add some screenshots so we know what to expect?

16. SlashDaUmbreon

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    1. Don't have much time to build due to moderating.
    2. I'm not building an entire warzone just as an example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cccrusader1337

Cccrusader1337 New Islander

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    If you reply to this and say what you want, I could make a basic design on a singleplayer world.

18. yousif

yousif Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +1 / 13 / -0
    Minecraft:
    u guys can add a wither skeleton spawner ??? but drops are better when killed regularly spawned in nether , but when killing one from the spawner it has less loot