1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

New Is Ranks- A way to figure out who to trust.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jacsman, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Basic Information

Brief Summary:
    New Is Ranks- A way to figure out who to trust.

Where would this idea be applied:
    Skybounds

Please describe the suggestion:
    So, a lot of people and friends I know who play skybounds, are extremely paranoid about inviting people to their island. I completely understand this. They have all logged in one day to see their spawners, island, and tools gone, just because one person feels like taking from them. What I am proposing is this, new is ranks. So, we can now make our island's public (if you have ultra), but the people cannot do anything except drop items or buy from shops. How about some new is ranks.
    I will go from worst to best in the ranking system:

Worker: Has the ability to not build or open chests but can kill mobs on your island. Cannot execute commands.

Builder: Can build on your is (along with opening chests and killing mobs), cannot execute commands OR break spawners.

Co-leader: Gets access to everything except breaking "protected" spawners and the following commands: /is ban, /is unban, /is reset, /is promote, /is demote and /is new.

So, how are we going to promote/demote our friends? Well, you can do /is promote and /is demote. How do you get a "protected" spawner? Place a protection spell on it :). Every person invited to your island starts out with worker, and can be promoted. Thanks for reading and have a great day! =)

Documentation

Screen shot related documents:

#1 Jacsman, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    So I said this ^^^ maybe you could change it so instead of ranks, you can give certain permissions with /is permission add (player) (permission)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pgdoyle6

Pgdoyle6 Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +31 / 14 / -6
    Minecraft:
    This idea has been brought up many times. Probably won't be implemented but I love it. GG on the rank ideas

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the input, but I have never seen this idea on the forums, which is one of the reasons why I posted it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cazjonoli

cazjonoli Cookie Quester
    Blackshore Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +131 / 10 / -16
    Minecraft:
    Oo but u don't need to protect spawners its just thr is owner that can break them

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. A Random Guy

A Random Guy Warzone Expert
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +297 / 48 / -14
    Minecraft:
    Nice idea I think it might need a little bit of work but it's one of the best ideas I've seen on the forums

7. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Thanks =)

8. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Seriously? I have never heard of this or I wouldn't have included it in my idea, when was this implemented?

9. RedPlayzFTW

RedPlayzFTW Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Nice idea! I really need that because of my team :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TigerXL

TigerXL Dangerous Adventurer
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +80 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
    +1 from me. I like this idea.

11. Glows_Fire

Glows_Fire Expert Crafter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -1
    Minecraft:
    +1 From me to, However I would change it a little. Maybe there could be a rating system where players can give others ratings on trust? Like /trust Glows_Fire? And so others will see who trusts that player and might be a little more comfortable?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    The only problem with that is they could just have friends or alts add trust to them, and people will trust them. Maybe if you develop it a little more with each player only adding one or something like that, it would work better. Other than that, I really like the idea.

13. Terrarian_Blaze

Terrarian_Blaze Quality Assurance
    Staff Member Quality Assurance Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +39 / 5 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I did something like this today except I didn't do the commands because you cant and names but I made jobs and 'ranks' you can come check it out if you would like I'm on Monster

14. Pahee99

Pahee99 Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Great idea, I've seen it a lot around the forums. Although, the ranks should be more like classes not jobs. Like the same type of permissions as you stated, but more class type names like Owner, Co-Owner, Noble, Knight, Prince....

15. EliteAdventurer

EliteAdventurer Cookie Quester
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Good idea. I have had people myself steal from my island and have insignificant proof. I like the idea. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bv44

Bv44 Ore Extractor
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +323 / 27 / -14
    Minecraft:
    I had an orb of dimensions Chest that I left unlocked. Someone took everything. Rip enderman spawner, godsword and bunny gear.

17. B7I

B7I Cookie Quester
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +215 / 6 / -16
    Minecraft:
    Probably won't be implemented? okay then xD
    This is a VERY HIGHLY REQUESTED Feature. Few tweaks though. Whats the point of having an IS builder and an IS worker? Its just splitting the rank in half. Just invite them. the thing is we need people to be able to be invited but not do anything except is warps, that would be amazing. Also people who can place down ore seeds, break spawners, and open certain locked chests. What I am proposing are a few tweaks ;)
    A simple command, /allow B7I [thingyouwouldallow] For example, they could do /is allow B7I spawners , So now they can place and break spawners. You could also do /is permissions B7I And see all the things you have allowed. Simple things like Building, opening chests, is warps, would also be there, so you could give it to visitors. Also, you could do /is trust B7I then click on a locked chest so only you and that person can open it. Just a couple of... jk this kind of ruined your whole thing, but I hope you like it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    While it did ruin what I was talking about, I didn't really want this system. I thought of something very similar, but ranks have always just been the simplest way of giving permissions. That way, you always know what permissions they have, and don't have to worry about getting greifed. I like the permissions, which I talked about after replying to my post. I just think ranks would be a simple effective way instead of having to give permissions like you were talking about. Thanks for the input though, and it was a good idea, I just don't like systems like that.

19. Jacsman

Jacsman Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -2
    Minecraft:
    They aren't so much jobs, I was just giving titles based around the permissions they would be given. If you don't like the names, you can change them, I just thought they would be a simple and descriptive title based around what perks they would be given by the owner.

20. B7I

B7I Cookie Quester
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +215 / 6 / -16
    Minecraft:
    I don't think they would waste time on coming up with ranks for island. Just saying.