1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday's Maintenance Summary and Minor Patches

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Turqmelon, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Founder Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1,167 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Hey all!

Thank you all for your patience over the course of the downtime today! I wanted to take a minute to summarize what this downtime allowed us to accomplish, as well as a few tweaks that happened today:

The Maintenance
    This maintenance period was much needed, as it's been the first one the Savage Games network has undergone since our initial beta launch in November. Thanks for your patience! Because of this downtime, we were able to implement the following:
    • A new, robust load balancing system for our Money Wars lobbies and proxy servers. This will make connecting to mini game lobbies much more seamless and expand our overall player capacity.
    • Multiple hubs. Instead of one, we now run 2 hubs that players are auto-balanced into. This will decrease the likelihood of it clogging up.
    • Database and backend optimizations to improve performance of our core systems.
    But that's the boring stuff. With this downtime I've also rolled out a few changes to some other content.

Skybounds
    • Added some code to stop "double bidding" on an auction, which could either cause a user to be refunded twice, or not refunded at all when outbid.
    • Improved performance of our economy plugin by off-loading some statistic calculations
    Money Wars
    • Added a reward cap to killing a specific player x amount of times in a game, stopping boosting
    • Allowed breaking of flowers, long grass, and other tall plants
    • Removed reserved slots from lobbies. All players can join up to the server being full.
    • Player-placed blocks can now be destroyed by TNT explosions.

The most important part of today was the beginning technical changes.

This Friday's update will offer content for both Skybounds AND Money Wars, and we look forward to showing you what we have planned!

Thank you all for your patience and understanding - we look forward to growing both the community and server even more in the coming months!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kulestein

Kulestein Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the maintance, the server realy needed it. btw whats the server capatisity now? 275/300 or 325 (on First Islands)

Attached Files:

3. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Founder Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1,167 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
    325 is the hard cap, there are 50 donor slots, bringing the free cap to 275.

4. asher britt

asher britt Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    The only thing I wanna ask is when will the first islands world mine be up. No rush I just want to experience what it's like and for a tip I would advise makeing fortune pics work in there along with maybe on the actual first islands I've realized fortune doesn't work with crush.

5. XxSavageSkatexX

XxSavageSkatexX Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    How long does it take up to for you to get your immortal kit? @Turqmelon

6. Endermansfun

Endermansfun Tree Planter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I got banned from talking cuz the person below me sad kys plz un ban me

7. Fabelz

Fabelz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Ultra

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Ty for the update c:

8. Cimeterium

Cimeterium Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Quality Assurance Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +937 / 3 / -5
    Minecraft:
    Turq doesn't deal with bans, so please make a ban appeal here: http://savage.games/forums/appeals/

9. Megit

Megit QA Administrator
    Staff Member Head Administrator Quality Assurance Ultra

Ratings:
    +338 / 3 / -0
    Minecraft:
    After purchasing anything from the shop, it should arrive within 5-30 minutes. Usually between 5 and 15 minutes though. If you still haven't received your stuff after 30 minutes, go ahead and make a Help & Support thread at http://savage.games/newticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.