1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skybounds The Arena, Prestiging, Parties, and Duelist Immortal Kit!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Turqmelon, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Developer Head Administrator Savage

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

"Gladiator" would have been a good name for the /ikit, missed opportunities, really.

[​IMG]
    The Arena
    is a new, highly competitive way to battle your friends and foes in Skybounds. We're releasing an early version of it in Beta, but we have lots of plans and ideas for new features using it in the future.

What's The Arena?
    In the arena, you have the ability to create matches that are solo (1v1) or team (up to 10v10) to participate in a sudden death fight. Arena matches are secluded from the normal warzone and use pre-defined, even, loadouts to ensure a balanced playing field for everyone. We think our hardcore PVP'ers are going to love it.

Entering the Arena
    To enter the arena, use /arena in a PVP-free area or speak to the Brawl Master in spawn.

[​IMG]

If you speak to the Brawl Master alone, you will see available Solo Arenas to participate in. If you speak to him while in a Party (discussed in detail later), then you will be shown Team-based arenas.

[​IMG]

For the initial launch, we are testing with a low amount of arenas (3 solo and 2 teams) to better allow us to take feedback into consideration. If you like what you see, we will open more areas for more matches at once.

Creating a Match
    To create a new match, select the arena you'd like to play either solo or in a party. You will be brought to the Arena setup screen.

[​IMG]

The middle icons allow you to select the Arena Kit. All players who participate in your match will receive the same tools and gear, regardless of whether or not they personally have the kit unlocked.

At the bottom, you can configure the Match Wager. The wager must be paid by all players who participate in the match. The winners of the game will have the Total Pot (all the Stars all players paid) divided equally amongst them. If you're playing in a party, the Party Leader pays the wager for all party members.

Finally, click the emerald at the top right to confirm your match. The arena is reserved for you while you're setting it up for 60 seconds. If the time expires, you will be kicked from the interface.

Joining a Match
    You can join created matches just by clicking on them. As soon as a match has the minimum required players, the game will begin.
    [​IMG]

You will receive Player XP based on the amount of kills you receive per match, as well as Arena-specific stats. These stats will have more purpose in the future. (Leaderboards, redemption value, etc.)

[​IMG]

The Arena should be considered BETA for now. If feedback is positive, we will be introducing new kits, modes, and ways to play in the future.

[​IMG]
    The Party System will allow you to group up for the Arena in Skybounds.

You can use the following new commands to manage your party:
    • /party create creates an empty party with you as the leader
    • /party join <Player> accepts a party invite
    • /party invite <Player> invites a player to your party
    • /party list shows all players within your party
    • /party kick <Player> kicks a player from your party
    • /party leave leaves the party
    • /party disband disbands the party
    While in a party, you will also have access to /chat Party for private messaging with your party members. Parties have no other purpose beyond The Arena... yet. You can have up to 5 people (including yourself) in a party.

[​IMG]
    Players that reach Level 50 can now PRESTIGE to gain special cosmetic rewards, as well as unlock future content.

[​IMG]

To prestige once you hit level 50, go to your /challenges menu and hover over the new icon at the top left corner of the window. These will summarize all the requirements you need to prestige.
    • Player Level 50
    • Complete every daily challenge. At least once. You can complete missing challenges from the Challenge Selector.
    • Complete every campaign challenge.
    • 10,000,000 Stars. The price increases every time you Prestige.
    When you prestige, you'll get a fancy badge in chat for every prestige (up to 8).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prestige badges will show on EVERY server. Collect them all, maybe?

[​IMG]

Prestige levels are also required to unlock some current and future content, such as larger vault sizes.

[​IMG]

Finally, prestige status will also be visible in /leveltop.

[​IMG]

We look forward to introducing more prestige-specific features in the future!

[​IMG]
    Duelist is our first Immortal Kit that comes with an unlockable feature... the Duelist Arena kit!

[​IMG]

On top of access to an exclusive Arena kit, Duelist also includes your generally amazing set of gear you can use elsewhere on the server. Check out more information on our shop: Savage Games | Welcome

[​IMG]
    • Ender Pearls are now less glitchy! Ender Pearls should now teleport you properly when thrown into unloaded chunks. Rejoice!
    • Kick Players on setting island to private. A long-standing bug that's been finally fixed.
    • New toggle for party invites. Party invites annoying you? Turn them off in /toggles.
    • Sidebar adjustments. "Lvl" will now be replaced with your current prestige icon, assuming you've prestiged.
    • Immunity Buffs. Immune players are no longer affected by the Ignite spell, Bat Bombs, or the gravity gun combat tag.
    • Nametag HP. Player health is now displayed under their name above their head. Values are out of 20, where 1 = half a heart.
    • Language changes. Mining World "Owl" ability is now called "Torch", and awards indefinite night vision.
    • Daily challenge statistics. The amount of times you've completed a Daily challenge will now be logged in the challenge selector. These stats are tracked as of today.
    • Challenge Selector Price Adjustments. The price for unlocking non-found daily challenges now scale with the amount you've found in total.
    • Other bugfixes and optimizations. We could tell you about them, but then we'd have to KO-sword you.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. xdothx

xdothx Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    First yay

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Noms

Noms Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Hype :D

4. CrazyGirllHD

CrazyGirllHD New Islander

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    du bist gott Doth

5. ARCHEN0AH_

ARCHEN0AH_ Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -1
    Minecraft:
    i love the update

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SpaceGerm

SpaceGerm Savvy Shopper
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -4
    Minecraft:
    :P Parties... = Teams Rip solo players ;-;

7. CookieDaPolar

CookieDaPolar Tree Planter
    Savage Ultra

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  8. Fenway

Fenway Tree Planter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Love this

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bv44

Bv44 Ore Extractor
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +288 / 26 / -13
    Minecraft:
  10. Gavote

Gavote Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Quality Assurance

Ratings:
    +394 / 3 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Awesome update as always :D Getting rekt in the duels haha need to up my PvP skills ASAP!!!

11. Ashk5

Ashk5 Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Ultra

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Good work guys! Love the new update to get people hyped for new duelling formats. Can't wait to become a better duellist! <3 Much love as usual.

12. FuZ3D_Emo

FuZ3D_Emo Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +632 / 2 / -3
    Minecraft:
    Exciting new update, as always. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Geoff (DRONGO)

Geoff (DRONGO) Dangerous Adventurer
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +114 / 6 / -9
    Minecraft:
    Bit disappointed in the level 50 reward . Was hoping for a shard I mean you got a storm gen at level 20 which I think is better than the level 50 reward . We heard there was an awesome gift well I don't see any awesome gift . Been busting my X to get there first and now who cares . VERY DISAPPOINTED . Think it needs a buff

Please mind the language you use on the forums.
    -Reeses

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Developer Head Administrator Savage

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Move features for prestiging are planned in the future. Like all of the features before, you'll receive the perks as well even if you already level.

Acting the way you are on the forums isn't a great way to get changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. ffeepp006

ffeepp006 Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +21 / 4 / -6
    Minecraft:
    like all these thing are from suggestions am i in heven?

16. chronicicle

chronicicle Expert Crafter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Well, i was honestly hoping for something a more, the ender pearl fix is nice, and the health indicators will help the god fights, but i think the prestige system needs some tweaks. I am almost level 50 now, and spent a lot of time, effort and money to get there. Currently it seems all worthless except for a fancy symbol next to your name. I think each time you hit level 50 on a prestige there needs to be a huge reward to congratulate the player getting there. Also i personally think completing every daily challenge is a rather hard feat to do, is a nice challenge but 100 creepers seems almost impossible unless you play the game the entire day,which if you work or go to school, is not generally possible. Maybe time to add creeper spawners?

Ps: bat bomb warzone challenge is broken since months, if you could fix it finally be great, thanks.

PSS: I feel the new shard is far too op and expensive, just my general feedback on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Geoff (DRONGO)

Geoff (DRONGO) Dangerous Adventurer
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +114 / 6 / -9
    Minecraft:
    What do you mean acting the way I am . Aren't I allowed to voice my opinion. I mean I have nearly got there with my reroll of challenges glitched so I can't reroll them for about 2 weeks which I have post a bug report about. I don't do pvp so I don't get the xp there and I don't doing mining world. . So I think I have a right to voice my opinion. Sorry if you disagree with me . But in most I love the game . I wouldn't be busting my xxx to get there . If I didnt .

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. _creepersbane

_creepersbane Cookie Quester

Ratings:
    +167 / 21 / -29
    Minecraft:
    The ender pearl fix would have saved my life earlier today RIP.

The SALT man :(

Love the duels though!

19. Guerrerro

Guerrerro New Islander
    Savage Legend

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Love the updates!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WhiteDecay

WhiteDecay Dangerous Adventurer
    Blackshore Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -4
    Minecraft:
    I like the updates but now the new ikit.

The new ikit is insanely OP. On robot island we are already dealing with players having almost 5 K.O swords everyday killing people just cuz they think it easy and fair. K.O sword was remove in the past for a reason and now you brought it back as a money war reward. And now that money wars have died, you bring it back in a kit that has a cooldown of 96 hours?

Now i know it takes 4 days to get a kit. But their are people who dont use their weapons or anything till they have spare. There are players that would wait until they have atleast 3 K.O swords with that kit. The pricing isn't going to make a different since many people are going to stop at nothing till they get it. K.O swords are game breaking items and shouldn't even exist.

Having a kit with such an item is gonna cause players to rage and quit due to players using an "illegal" item. ( illegal: such as items that break the game or ruins the point of a game )
    Players who take the time days to make a god set and have it lost just because someone couldnt work as hard as us use a weapon that can one shot us so easily no matter the armor you wear.

Evasion 10 is the thing that can protect us and the chances aren't always great. And not many players have Evasion 10. Which is why thise with K.O swords always carry a spare on them.

In my opinion this kit will put the server at chaos. And will have many aggressive players.

~Decay

• Agree Agree x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.