1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the CARTOON ISLANDS! Eternal Shards,Competitions, Limited Edition Warzone Loot, and more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Turqmelon, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Developer Head Administrator Savage

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Skybounds Network expands once again... this time we bring you the Cartoon World!

[​IMG]

Cartoon comes with a brand new warzone to explore, outposts, chests, and much much more! You'll also see some new schematics on both the premium and basic islands.

[​IMG]

Access our new world by clicking on the brand new icon in your hot bar in the hub, between Money Wars and Ancient Islands.

[​IMG]
    A core feature that's been with us since the beginning has finally received some love. We thought it was more than time for a redesign of our Challenges Menu. It's very easy to use still, here are a few screenshots:

[​IMG]

• The XP bottle, like before, still shows your current XP, level, and the XP remaining to level up.
    • If you're level 50, the icon to allow you to prestige will appear, represented by a diamond block.
    • The minecart at the top right will bring you to your Skybounds Rewards, as before.
    • Your campaign challenge is now front and center, with the glass in the middle acting as a progress meter to your reward on the right.
    • If you're on a "Special Quest", (vault, enchanting, etc.), your progress and goal for completing it will be represented under your campaign. (Yes, you can now keep doing your campaigns while on a special quest now!)
    • Your Daily Challenges have been moved to the book at the bottom! Click the book to view them.
    • The Bookcase will still be your challenge selector.
    • The Bonus XP Menu has been moved to the nether star.
    • But wait... what's the golden apple for...?
    [​IMG]

Daily challenges are shown the same way as your campaigns now, with your current progress being front and center. The clay color designates the difficulty of each challenge. Like before, you can click on it to see more detail about the challenge, and right click a challenge to re-roll it.

No functional changes have been lost with this transition, we simply wanted to move to an interface that we felt would be much clearer and easier to navigate for new players, while better organizing our current and future content.

[​IMG]
    A new type of challenge has been added, one that you play with the entire server... Competitions!

[​IMG]

Competitions are global events that start every few hours. While they're on, your goal is to get the highest score by performing the listed objective. The Top 10 players in each competition by when they close will be rewarded with Challenge XP and items!

[​IMG]

Click on the Golden Apple in your challenges menu to view available competitions. Some may be starting soon while others will be in progress. At any time you can view the leaderboard by clicking the head at the far right, or view your pending rewards from the chest.

[​IMG]

If you win a competition, you'll be given the rewards next time you log in. Top 3 players will receive a trophy in the form of a spinner that gives a MASSIVE XP bonus and an extra item as a bonus.

[​IMG]
    Eternal Shards are brand new rewards for our most loyal players...

[​IMG]

Eternal Shards are granted to players when they PRESTIGE on any skybounds world. They are soulbound and can only be used by you. You will unlock a kit OR iKit that you do not already own forever upon use. It's our way of thanking our dedicated players who manage to get up to Level 50 and choose to start their quest over again.

Players that are already Prestiged...
    You will be given an Eternal Shard within 10 minutes or so of you joining your world that you have reached Prestige on.

[​IMG]
    • Complete database re-work part 1. We've changed how challenges are stored internally. This will improve performance and stability. You won't lose anything with this change, and it's really only a really lovely thing for us.
    • Limited Time Warzone Loot. Some loot has been added to the war zone as LIMITED TIME ITEMS. A broadcast will be sent out to the server when one of these items are stocked into a chest.
    • New Bonus XP Types. We've narrowed down what you can earn XP in even further, to better encourage earning XP in new and fun ways.
    • Full Dropzone Warning. If your dropzone chest tower is nearing island capacity, we will now warn you every time you visit your island. Get your collection under control to remove these warnings.
    • Experienced Bunnies. Talking to bunnies for the easter event will now warrant XP.
    • Surprise Egg Bunny Item. Buyable for 40 eggs, this drop will give you a random item! ...could be good or bad.
    • XP tracking weirdness. Fixed a long-standing bug that could cause XP-related tracking and leveling to incorrectly count.
    • Bugfixes and optimizations. Only the finest.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Head Mod Shard x 2
    • Moderator Diamond x 2
    • Creative x 1
  2. erichninja

erichninja Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Is it only me or did all my progress the past 3 days are gone?

3. FuZ3D_Emo

FuZ3D_Emo Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +635 / 2 / -3
    Minecraft:
    Definitely worth the wait, great update! :)

4. erichninja

erichninja Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    By Progress I mean my ch because I was working on the Vault Ch and was on the Spawner one and now I am back to Step One

5. Adravis

Adravis Tree Planter
    Savage

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Great update! I like the new ch update as well as the competition

6. EliteAdventurer

EliteAdventurer Cookie Quester
    Blackshore Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +167 / 3 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Another Great One!!! Keep Em Coming!

7. DANbroisTHEman

DANbroisTHEman Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +13 / 6 / -4
    Minecraft:
  8. WilletTheSkillet

WilletTheSkillet Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -1
    Minecraft:
  9. Mr_hotdog_wowie

Mr_hotdog_wowie Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +25 / 5 / -0
    Minecraft:
    I opened a surprise egg, got immortal stone, got orb of diemnsions from that stone, moving when you can orb items

10. TheTrueNotch21

TheTrueNotch21 Dangerous Adventurer
    Legend

Ratings:
    +76 / 12 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Eternal shard is toooo OP

11. 121harry

121harry Expert Crafter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +21 / 4 / -5
    Minecraft:
    I really like the eternal shard! I don't like spending money on ikit shards, with only a chance of getting the kit, but it gives me a better reason to keep power leveling! I am setting my goal for lvl 50!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jasontheslayer

Jasontheslayer Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Me to

13. TheTrueNotch21

TheTrueNotch21 Dangerous Adventurer
    Legend

Ratings:
    +76 / 12 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Will eternal shards be able to be orb of dimensioned?

14. erichninja

erichninja Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Post a Bug Report with me

15. DMAsriel

DMAsriel Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -2
    Minecraft:
  16. EgillBirnir

EgillBirnir Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Yet another good update by all you mods. One thing I was wondering about is why a new immortal kit hasent come to the shop?

17. chronicicle

chronicicle Expert Crafter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Too many shards were developed top quickly, is nice to see a slight break of new ones to catch up with unlocking them.

Nice update by the way.

18. Ward

Ward Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -6
    Minecraft:
    I think this is great

19. Arved

Arved Cookie Quester
    Savage Legend Ultra Quality Assurance

Ratings:
    +116 / 11 / -16
    Minecraft:
  20. allyn3lily

allyn3lily Tree Puncher
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Great Update can't wait only 4 more days until my ban is up so I can try!