1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skybounds What to Expect Next Week: Transition to Release, June 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Turqmelon, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Developer Head Administrator Savage

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

We're hard at work getting the server ready to exit beta next Friday, June 16th. We're very excited to make the transition and finally "rebalance" the server. We hope you're all excited as well!

We are holding off content updates for this week for next Friday, to allow us to focus on making sure this transition goes as smoothly as possible.

Don't know what I'm talking about?
    Here's what to expect as we enter next week:

Monday, June 12th
    • We will be announcing the details of what blocks are not brought with you on an island import. We are still working out the logistics of this, so I don't want to hint at anything here just yet.

Thursday, June 15th
    • Savage Games will go offline Thursday afternoon. This will allow us to make changes to the servers and worlds as necessary without impacting gameplay.
    • All current worlds will be dubbed "The Beta Islands", and will remain playable via an NPC in the spawns of the new servers. Nothing will be lost.
    • The shop will be going offline as we specify the details of kits and ikits in the new islands. The contents of these kits will not change in the beta islands.
    Friday, June 16th
    • Savage Games will come back online, out of beta.
    • There will be a beta version of every current island, with all your stuff as you left it.
    • There will be two new islands: Steampunk & Dinosaurs (No beta versions of these, of course.)
    • There will be an updated warzone on the new version of all current islands
    FAQs
    Q: Wait, what's happening to my island, my items, everything!?

A: Nothing. All of your things will still be accessible from the beta version of the island you play on. For details as to why we're doing this, see Mitch's post.

Q: Do I keep my ranks? Kits? IKits? etc.
    A: Short answer: Yes. You're not losing anything. Immortal Kit and Kit contents will change in the new version of the islands, but will still give the insanely-OP gear you're used to on the Beta version of the islands. Any items collected from non-unlocked ikits will still be usable on the beta islands.

Q: Do I lose my Stars?
    A: Short Answer: No. Think of it like a new island release. Your current balance will be accessible on the beta version of your island, but not on the new version.

Q: Who can go to the beta islands?
    A: Everybody. However, creating new islands on the beta server will be disabled, and it will also have a smaller player count then the new versions of the islands.

Q: How long can I play on the beta islands?
    A: As long as you like. However, the beta islands will not receive new features or content. Think of it as an archived version of the way Skybounds is as of next Thursday.

Q: Savage ranks can bring over their island... that's not fair!
    A: Imported islands only bring over the structure of an island. Items and some blocks (will be revealed on Monday), will not be imported with the island. We have to limit this feature to this rank because of all the islands that would be imported otherwise. Even if you're not importing an island, you'll always be able to access your current island with all your stuff on the beta islands.

Q: Can I still Prestige on the beta islands?
    A:
    Not quite. If you're close to prestige, we'll give you a spinner to roll to prestige you, otherwise, you will never be able to go above Lvl 50 on the beta islands. Your prestige will be kept between the beta and release, however.

Q: Can I use an Orb of Dimensions on the Beta Islands?
    A: Yes. However, you'll only be able to claim your items on the same server type as you used the orb on. For example, using an Orb of Dimensions on TFI: Beta would only allow you to claim the items on other beta islands. While using an orb on TFI: New, would only be claimable on the new version of other islands.

Question not here? Check the topics I linked above or ask us on our Discord. We're happy to help!

Extended Sale
    We're extending our 15% off global sale to this weekend as thanks for your loyalty and continued support! Savage Games | Welcome

We'll see you guys on Monday when we have details for how island importing works, and what won't follow you should you use it. :)

~Turq

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Head Mod Shard x 2
    • Creative x 1
  2. StreetCatNameBob

StreetCatNameBob Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    oh gosh I'm sorta exited but also fealling not so good about the update, first!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Head Mod Shard Head Mod Shard x 1
  3. Amir Singh

Amir Singh Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  4. LoganSadler

LoganSadler New Islander

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    3rd! thanks for the info :)

5. Fireblazer190

Fireblazer190 Tree Planter
    Ultra

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  6. BrightSkies

BrightSkies Tree Planter
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    So we can orb items from TFI to Alpha TFI?

7. lxlpandeh

lxlpandeh Tree Puncher

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  8. ccc9rocks

ccc9rocks Moderator
    Staff Member Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    This clears Everything up!!! Thanks so Much!!!

9. Boydewit2

Boydewit2 Head Moderator
    Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    @BrightSkies no, you won't be able to. You can only orb items from one beta island to the other beta island, with the same being for the new islands.

10. RecktByWxlfi

RecktByWxlfi New Islander
    Savage

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
  11. TheMoonShines

TheMoonShines Tree Planter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Rip I am 4 levels from prestige...
    Sounds good tho

12. TheTrueNotch21

TheTrueNotch21 Dangerous Adventurer
    Legend

Ratings:
    +76 / 11 / -1
    Minecraft:
    So i your kits and ikits get transferred, would they be lost on the beta islands, or is skybounds going to duplicate your ikits?

13. Turqmelon

Turqmelon Developer
    Staff Member Developer Head Administrator Savage

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -1
    Minecraft:
    Your kits will be accessible on both versions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simpelmal01

Simpelmal01 Expert Crafter

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft:
    Wow, this was the most dissapointing update day ever xD. But I understand tho. VERY hyped for the reset and good luck in the proces of the biggest update on skybounds ever! <3

15. Sdehv2

Sdehv2 New Islander
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    About the Prestige Spinner, what are the chances (or about %), and does the chance get higher the closer you are to level 50?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AcidicSniper

AcidicSniper Savvy Shopper
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +27 / 14 / -13
    Minecraft:
    LIT

17. Jangusty

Jangusty Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft:
    if you roll a prestige token and lose, then go back to beta islands and prestige there, will you get your prestige on the new islands?

18. Ember111

Ember111 Savvy Shopper
    Savage Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Ok, so what if we get savage AFTER the beta ends, will we still be able to transport our island structures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PhoenixCosmos

PhoenixCosmos Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -0
    Minecraft:
    no it said it in the message

20. zombieminer300

zombieminer300 Tree Planter
    Legend Ultra Quality Assurance

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -2
    Minecraft:
    Will we get all unlocked immortal kits on ALL islands? I have a Santa shard on robots but I play on ancient. Is it worth opening it there?