1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

New Skybounds Server

Discussion in 'Skybounds Discussion' started by Spinnies, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Spinnies

Spinnies SUPREME SLAYER
    ✯ Skybounds Eternal Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Savage Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Legend Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Ultra Donor ✯ ≪ Halloween Event 2018 ≫ ≪ Monthly Event Winner ≫ »»-— Staff of the Month —-«« Community Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 15
    Main World:
    First
    Minecraft Name:
    Before I state what I think should of been done, just want to say I am not here to hate on the developers and everyone that put their heart into this new server, I'm just here to say what I think should of happened.

Skybounds beta and aftermath was a blast, and I am pretty sure I can speak for many when I say that Skybounds was a really fun server to play on. Although its pretty boring right now, I think there still can be stuff that could improve the gameplay of the server. Before I get into this whole conversation, remember when Lauren gave us a list of things that could maybe be added into the new server? Remember when she wanted our opinion on what items and features should be added in this new server? Yeah. I am pretty sure none of this has been added to this server. I was really hoping to join this server and get a Skybounds beta sorta vibe, or at least a Skybounds vibe. Although, the second I join this new server, I get a cosmic/hypixel skyblock vibe. So anyways, below is my thoughts of what should happen. OH also. I get that devs might not even be able to go back into the original skybounds, but maybe at least make a server that remind us of skybounds? I don't know.

ORIGINAL SKYBOUNDS:
    - Reset Skybounds
    - Weekly Updates
    - New Immortal Kits, Ckit keys

- Bring back bosses/add more bosses
    - Make more custom items/features
    - Bring back features that the players want, not what you think is best.

NEW SERVER:
    - Make it more unique, not like servers we have all played on before.
    - Less grinding. Don't get me wrong, I love to grind for stuff, but I am not about to spend a full day trying to grind just so I can craft an item, or what not.
    - Parkour challenges? I don't know if the dev team ran out of ideas but I don't like this at all. Lots of people hate parkour. I myself have seen people spend like an hour, just trying to complete this challenge.
    - Minions? Robots? I don't know what they are called, but I personally am not a fan of this plugin. What's the point of grinding..
    - Ranks. I heard there is going to be a total of 5 ranks, just like the cosmic set up? Not really sure on this one, but I just heard it.
    - 1.14.4. I love the version, I love the blocks in the version, I love the animals and such but I don't think this should of been the version the server should of been based on. Many people cant run this version on their PC's, because it wont load, or work, and just many problems.
    - THE SPAWN IS AMAZING, but I think its way too big lol
    - Cooldowns. This is the most frustrating part for me honestly. It takes about 15-20 seconds (I think) to get to a friends island. Like, for real? That long of a cooldown should not be a thing, at ALL.

Anyways, this is where I am going to stop. Like I said in the start, I am here to give my THOUGHTS. What do y'all think?

2. CokeOverPepzi

CokeOverPepzi EXPERT BUILDER
    Community Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Minecraft Name:
    i cant fault it, i just need to figure everything out and how everything works, the only thing i dont like is how hard it is to get enchants for certain items :P

3. HandelMozart

HandelMozart REDSTONE ROYALTY
    ✯ Skybounds Eternal Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Savage Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Legend Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Ultra Donor ✯ Community Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Main World:
    Dino
    Minecraft Name:
    I was really upset by the new server when I started this beta trial. I will say that there are many aspects of it I did come to enjoy, though I still have issues with some things. One of the reasons I rejected joining Cosmic was the absolutely mindless grinding and complicated robots it employed (I have watched videos of those who play there). Those elements are in this new server, which is going to push away many who want to have fun rather than slave away just to unlock basic stuff. I love to grind things like slayer, etc., but the grind here is beyond belief.

On the plus side, I appreciate the variety that the newer version of MC offers (though some friends can’t play it because of this version). I also am looking forward to the team effort of working more closely with friends to reach the top. I like that the warzone is all one island, though the inability to walk out safely is a problem for those of us who don’t PVP. I am looking forward to the new content as well, since we have gone a year without any on Skybounds 1. I’m planning to play Skybounds 2, and I look forward to seeing friends I’ve missed who stopped playing due to no updates to Skybounds 1. I hope Savage Games is able to bring the needed original elements to make the server a long lasting success.