1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've updated our Terms of Service. By continuing to use our website and server, you agree to our new policies.
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion for “giveaway”

Discussion in 'Kingdom Discussion' started by puposaurus, Apr 14, 2019.

1. puposaurus

puposaurus SKY RECRUIT
    Community Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Minecraft Name:
    On kingdoms, I have bought fly. However, I have sorta quit playing kingdoms, and I feel that the fly I bought could be given away or something.

What I’m trying to propose is that a command or something is added to giveaway items that were bought by a player, and that player used them, but the player no longer is active and doesn’t use the item/cosmetic much.

As for other players, I think it would be a neat addition for them too, if they wanted to give “gifts” on the server. Also, in my time of playing on kingdoms, I’ve seen a number of players quit who had VIP ranks and loot drops saved up. If the player wanted to give their loot drops or fly cosmetic away, they could.

A minor flaw in this idea is if players are giving away their in-game ranks. since the discord has a rank sync system where the in-game ranks give the user that rank as a role on the discord server. If a player’s rank was given to a different player, then the discord rank/role system could get all wonky and messed up.

To wrap this up, I think a new command that allows players to give cosmeticy things/fly/loot drops they had previously bought to other players. If that was kinda repetitive or didn’t make sense, sorry... ig that’s what the replies are for

2. gatorbait785

gatorbait785 EXPERT BUILDER
    KINGDOMS MODERATOR Community Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Main World:
    First
    Minecraft Name:
    I think that would be a tough thing to implement in the server like transferring fly to another player. Overall, I think this is a good idea, but I don't know if it would get used a lot when people leave the server for good.

3. Error_null

Error_null EXPERT BUILDER
    KINGDOMS MODERATOR Community Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Minecraft Name:
    The biggest issue I see here is that people can easily abuse this system. They can just keep giving fly to there friend and returning it.

4. puposaurus

puposaurus SKY RECRUIT
    Community Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Minecraft Name:
    I can see that happening, so maybe add a 48hr cool down or a “no returns”?

5. CraziGolem

CraziGolem MOB GRINDER
    ✯ Skybounds Legend Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Ultra Donor ✯ Community Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Clan:
    Nexus
    Minecraft Name:
    I would have to say it sounds nice but people will abuse the feature and use it in a way it was not meant to be . And for this I would have to say I don’t agree with it being added

6. xFortuna

xFortuna EXPERT BUILDER
    ✯ Skybounds Eternal Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Savage Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Legend Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Ultra Donor ✯ Community Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Clan:
    Nexus
    Main World:
    Dino
    Minecraft Name:
    This is a good idea, but I belive that giving away ranks shouldn't be an option. However, fly could be turned into a "ticket", similar to the eco tickets, and can be claimed by a different player. There could also be an option to send the item to a random player, though there would be a need for a filter, so people don't send dirt.

7. ShotgunDutchAD

ShotgunDutchAD MOB GRINDER
    ✯ Skybounds Legend Donor ✯ ✯ Skybounds Ultra Donor ✯ Community Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 2
    Minecraft Name:
    Its a good and cool Idea it would be a little hard on the Devs with what they currently got as well.

8. xphenie

xphenie EXPERT BUILDER
    KINGDOMS HELPER Community Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Minecraft Name:
    The idea isnt bad, it would be cool. On the contrary it kinda defeats the main purpose of ranks fly and extra commands, which is to help support the continuation and development of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zerifis

Zerifis EXPERT BUILDER
    KINGDOMS HELPER Community Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Clan:
    IslandHopper
    Minecraft Name:
    With cosmetics, I think it would be interesting if you could turn a claimed tag back into an item for re-tradeablitity. But with fly, it could definitely be abused in some way or another. The money helps the server and gives you a reason to return to kingdoms.

10. YesNoMaybeSo

YesNoMaybeSo MOB GRINDER
    KINGDOMS ADMINISTRATOR ♛ Kingdoms Knight ♛ ♛ Kingdoms Hero ♛ ≪ Staff of the Month ≫ Community Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 3
    Minecraft Name:
    This is a really cool concept, maybe another thing to add on is that people can give others ranks/fly, but instead of just being able to hand them out freely, you can only do it once. This helps ensure players who are inactive can give to whoever they'd like, but it also prevents people from abusing it and trading ranks/fly around whenever. This is a really cool idea though, +1 from me!

• Like Spike Like Spike x 1